The RIEGL VUX-240 is a lightweight airborne laser scanner, especially designed for use on UAS/UAV/RPAS and small manned aeroplanes or helicopters.
With its wide field of view of 75 degrees and an extremely fast data acquisition rate of up to 1.8 MHz, the instrument is perfectly suited for high point density corridor mapping applications.
The VUX-240 makes use of RIEGL‘s unique Waveform-LiDAR technology, allowing echo digitization and online waveform processing. Multi-target resolution is the basis for penetrating even dense foliage. A continuously rotating polygon mirror wheel enables scan speeds of up to 400 lines per second, for efficiently covering large areas when operated from fast UAVs or aircrafts. The scanner provides an internal data storage capacity of 1 TByte and is equipped with interfaces for an external IMU/GNSS system as well as to control up to four external cameras. WLAN enables direct access to the laser scanner for changing configuration settings and checking the system status.
- laser pulse repetition rate up to 1.8 MHz
- measurement rate up to 1,500,000 meas./sec
- scan speed up to 400 lines/second
- operating flight altitude up to 1,400m / 4,600 ft
- field of view up to 75°
- perfectly linear and parallel scan lines
- cutting edge RIEGL technology providing: echo signal digitization, multiple target capability, online waveform processing, multiple-time-around processing
- compact & lightweight
- easly mountable to unmanned platforms (UAVs) and to helicopters, gyrocopters, and other small manned aircrafts
- mechanical and electrical interface for INS/GNSS integration (optional)
- interfaces for up to 4 optional cameras
- scan data storage on internal 1 TByte SSD Memory
- corridor mapping: power line, railway track and pipeline inspection
- topography in open-cast mining
- surveying of urban environments
- archaeology and cultural heritage documentation
- agriculture & forestry